Installing wpStoreCart is simple. The recommend method is through the WordPress admin panel, which will be outlined below first. The 2nd method is manually, and requires a FTP program, and FTP access to your WordPress installation. We will cover the 2nd method after covering the first.
Installing wpStoreCart From the WordPress Admin Panel
1. Goto your WordPress admin panel. On the admin side menu, find the Plugins section. Under Plugins click Add New as seen in this picture:
2. In the search box, type “wpStoreCart” without the quotes, case insensitive, then click the Search Plugins button, as seen in this picture:
3. Once the search results appear, find wpStoreCart and click the Install Now link. This will install wpStoreCart. Once the install is done, click “Activate Now” to activate the plugin. Alternatively, you can also goto Plugins > Plugins, and click Activate.
4. This concludes the installation and activation, however, there’s still some initial settings that need to be setup before wpStoreCart is ready to go. Continue setting up wpStoreCart by following these directions.
Installing wpStoreCart Manually Using FTP
1. Download wpStoreCart by right clicking this link and choosing “Save As” or something similiar.
2. Extract the “wpstorecart” folder from the zip file you downloaded, to your desktop.
3. Use a FTP program to connect to your webhost and change directories to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder inside your WordPress installation folder. If you do not have an FTP program, we recommend the free and open source Filezilla for Windows.
4. Click and drag the entire “wpstorecart” folder from your desktop, into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder in your FTP application. Not all applications support drag and drop, so you may need to upload the “wpstorecart” folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory another way. Consult your FTP programs documentation for details on uploading folders.
5. Visit your WordPress admin panel, then goto Plugins > Plugins and scroll down until you find “wpStoreCart”, then click “Activate”
6. This concludes the installation and activation, however, there’s still some initial settings that need to be setup before wpStoreCart is ready to go. Continue setting up wpStoreCart by following these directions.